Expert assistance with case studies
Case studies are detailed accounts of a particular activity, event, issue or problem based on a real or a hypothetical situation. Case studies in the field of nursing are usually founded on events or complex situations that occur in the work environment or in nursing workplaces. Their aim is to try and establish how these can help influence decision-making and outcomes. They are also founded on detailed information that is obtained from analysis of data, research, events, experiments, and/or from some type of project. A case study can relate to any one of a number of specialist areas e.g. it can be founded on some sociological problem, and it can be based on a social, organizational or personal theory. A lecturer could, for instance, decide to provide a group of students with all the information pertaining to one particular case for each one to analyze on their own.
A case study is a type of assignment that many nursing students come across at the higher levels of education and it is not usually a favorite of theirs. As is the case with other degree programs, the field of nursing involves a lot of written assignments that are used to assess how well the student has understood any concepts or relationship issues covered in class or that they might encounter in real life. Another requirement is that the case studies a student writes should demonstrate to an instructor that they have developed a sound understanding of a particular topic or of their overall course. In the event you feel you need expert assistance with such a task, why not contact EssaysService.com? Our talented writers will identify relevant research sources and help you incorporate the concepts from your course into a well-organized paper.
Purposes of a case study
While most case studies are founded on hypothetical or real-life situations that need solutions, there are some that serve other purposes. In the field of nursing, the different case studies for the different areas of specialization have their own specific purpose. Essentially, each one fulfills a unique purpose of analyzing and explaining some data provided by a previous researcher.
Take a case study on psychology, for example. Here, the purpose is usually to find extensive information concerning the cognitive thought process or the behavior of the human brain. On the other hand, a case study on sociology is likely to examine how humans behave and/or interact within a group, with other groups, in communities, or in organizations. In virtually every case study assignment, however, the aim is to look at the intricate details and specifics that cause it to serve a unique purpose. This can be seen in the different types listed below.
Case study types: The types of case studies EssaysService.com can help you with!
- The collective type: This type of case study is founded on precise data about a group.
- The descriptive type: This type requires the researcher to collect new data and compare it to an existing theory.
- The explanatory type: This type shows and describes data from a less formal or more casual type study.
- The exploratory type: More so than the usual type of case study, this type includes more background information in order to put the researcher in a better position to be able to compare findings or results. This type also allows the researcher more time to study the information required for their study or experiment.
- The instrumental type: This type of study allows a researcher to better understand the underlying science in an experiment or case.
- The intrinsic type: These studies are usually based on a researcher’s own curiosity or personal interests. They allow an individual to freely study or learn according to their own wishes and/or desires.
In most cases, those studying nursing have the subject knowledge and required skills but struggle to get their knowledge onto paper in order to produce a case study that is sufficiently good-quality and coherent. This failure can occur where the student’s communications skills are inadequate or where they have too many other things going on simultaneously.
The team at EssaysService.com can, in equal measures, save you time and alleviate the stress that accompanies strict deadlines. Irrespective of whether you want a case study that is freshly written from scratch or you want us to rewrite or edit an existing paper, simply tell us about your requirements.
Every person who uses the services offered by EssaysService.com is treated in the most respectful way. You may be sure that when you enlist our help, you will enjoy 24x7 support. We have a team of writers who are qualified to work on case studies and all types of nursing assignments, and each one has a degree from a leading university in Canada, the UK and USA. The majority of our writers are native English speakers and, therefore, they understand very well what is needed in a paper to get a high grade.
Creating exceptional case studies can be difficult. This is what our company guarantees:
- Superior quality: The writers at EssaysService.com have ready access to a myriad of database sources that they use for researching topics and helping you produce high-quality case studies.
- Affordably priced services: You will not be charged any more than is necessary by EssaysService.com to obtain the best possible grade. To date, our company has worked with countless students and, therefore, we know how financial constraints can prevent them getting high-quality papers.
- Case studies that are fully customized: Our company will help create your assignment in accordance with the guidelines provided by your school or college. This means that written work needs to be original, unique and correctly cited. We use a variety of plagiarism-checking programs to ensure any papers you buy from us are unique. Furthermore, the expert writers at EssaysService.com are conversant with the different styles of citation such as APA, Chicago, Harvard, MLA, and many others.
Case study analysis
Case studies are a type of research essay or paper that examine some particular thing. This may be a person, event, phenomenon, or any subject that is worthy of analysis with a view to hypothesizing its main themes and any results that ensue from investigation. The latter two elements help reveal any issues that are hidden below the surface that may be useful in practice or for predicting future patterns and trends. They are also good at improving understanding of the main research question or problem and making it clearer.
When completing case study assignments, the writer’s task is to set out a particular problem for which a solution is required. There should be enough information so that readers can understand the problem clearly in order to analyze and resolve it. Good case studies do more than describe a given problem or situation. They examine the subject under analysis or evaluate the features and design of a similar investigation that shows any relationships that exist between the subjects, which can be two or more.
The information in a case study needs to be arranged in a manner that allows the reader to see things from the writer’s stance – almost as soon as they are introduced to the issue or problem. This information should intellectually challenge the reader so that they can share the feelings and experiences of the writer as they carry out their investigation. An exceptional case study gives the reader sufficient information to enable them to be able to arrive at conclusions.
Readers and writer persona
Case studies on nursing need to have a formal tone but they should be easy enough to follow and understand since they are aimed at those who need to develop good problem-solving skills in areas concerning the field of medicine. The writer of a case study should take on the persona of their tutor or teacher. Whenever you are writing a case study and feel your readers might not be familiar with certain words or terms, you should define these words and terms and possibly explain their meaning in a detailed way.
The writer of a case study on nursing usually directs their work at readers who have some degree of knowledge in fields related to nursing, biology, or other areas of medicine. Since the aim is to further existing knowledge it is not necessary to define common or widely used terms.
Use rhetoric to appeal to readers
It is not usually the case that those who write case studies do so for their own benefit. They normally have a targeted audience. Hence, it is essential to know how to use pathos, ethos, and logos in order to help readers to properly understand the information you are presenting.
Pathos is often used to appeal to self-interest, emotions, and the reader sense of their own identity. Since it appeals to human emotions, the ethos of your written work may well be improved if the case study you are writing appeals to the emotions of the readers you have targeted.
The ethos in a piece of writing is a reference to the strengths or weaknesses of the piece in terms of the writer’s credibility and whether the writer is an individual or an organization.
The term “logos” generally refers to making a logical argument to appeal to the reader’s intellect while simultaneously demonstrating the writer’s intellectual ability.
A lot of case study writing attempts to use logos as the main method of appeal. While it is also possible to use ethos, this happens less frequently. Where a writer attempts to garner credibility using ethos, this does not tend to strengthen their work in any significant way. The best approach is to channel most of your energy into logos in a case study and try to avoid pathos. Emotion in this type of paper can result in an element of bias. Furthermore, it can distort the way readers interpret your work and sway them to choose a particular train of thought or answer. This skews the purpose of a case study to some extent since the real purpose is to encourage readers to do their own thinking and come to conclusions based on the evidence you present.
The most common citation or referencing styles in nursing-based case studies
Virtually every type of academic paper requires the writer to cite or make reference to sources they draw from the works of other experts. These citations and references should be presented in one of a number of styles that have been developed for this purpose. As a professional writing service that specializes in nursing assignments, the writers at EssaysService.com are conversant with all the most commonly-used styles. For example, we can apply:
- The AMA (American Medical Association) Style: This style of referencing is aimed at those who write medical, health, and scientific texts. This system uses numbers where a number is used in-text to point readers to a fuller explanation of the reference at the end of the text.
- The APA (American Psychological Association) Style: This referencing style provides writers with specific guidelines that ensure elements like headings, figures, punctuation, statistics and other aspects are presented in a consistent manner in formal papers.
- The ASA (American Sociology Association) Style: This style places references as the final part of an academic text i.e. at the end.
- The CBE (Council of Biology Editors) Style:This style of citation uses two primary methods for citing sources i.e. one begins with the name of the author of the work and the publication date while the other style uses number.
- The Chicago Referencing Style: This system uses endnotes or footnotes within the main text and additionally in the paper’s bibliography.
- The MHRA (Modern Humanities Research Association) Style: This system uses footnotes containing as much detail as the reader needs as well as a separate bibliography that lists every primary and secondary source the writer uses.
- The OSCOLA Style: This style uses footnotes containing all necessary information about the source. It does not use in-text citation.
- The Oxford Style: This is a note style where footnotes are used within the text and a list of references is placed at the end.
- The Turabian Style: This style uses the author/date system for referencing and is used in the sciences i.e. in the physical, social and natural sciences.
- The Vancouver Style: This style uses a numbering system where citations are denoted within a text with sequential numbers. This system also provides a list of references at the paper’s end with more detailed information about the corresponding reference in the text.
Irrespective of what referencing style is used, case studies should prompt a cognitive thought process in readers and cause them to draw conclusions according to the evidence provided by the writer.