Effective Recommendations on Writing Excellent Thesis
It is not recommended to begin writing a thesis on the early stages. In case you have organized your working process to meet this objective, the task becomes less daunting. Check out the list provided below and find out what stage you are on. When you realize that you ticked the half, well done then. In case you postponed everything till now, start working today!
Break down your research work into chunks and plan all your chapters and sections. Then break them again into smaller sections and continue dividing the content until you reach the level of paragraphs.
- Remember that your instructor is the best support. Check out your plan with him/her.
- Create folders for every section and chapter by structuring your paper or electronic filing system.
- Check out the requirements regarding the length and formatting style.
- Back up the work on a regular basis.
When You Have Some Ideas Regarding Structure And Style Of Your Thesis, Why Not Using Them?
- Visit the library in order to find and read other theses written on your subject.
- Check out outlines to other theses.
- Ask the instructor what he/she pays attention to while checking the theses.
- Ask friends who have just finished their theses to read your thesis and give their feedbacks.
- Find some online forums where students discuss their thesis writing process.
- Try to listen to advice given by professional writers and improve your writing skills.
Ask Yourself Below Questions While Reviewing Your Draft:
- Does the title match the content and vice versa?
- Have you managed to put emphasis on all significant points?
- Have you provided appropriate content in every section?
- Is the sequence logical?
- Have you acknowledged the information sources?
- Is the conclusion logical?
- Is there a clear meaning in each sentence?
- Is there an opportunity to break down long sentences?